The nomination papers submission period for the 2024 general elections in Pakistan concluded on Sunday. The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) had set a five-day deadline for political parties to submit their nomination papers.
The scrutiny of the candidates’ nomination papers is set to commence on the following day, and this process will continue until December 30. Several prominent political figures have already filed their nomination papers for various constituencies across the country.
Some notable submissions include:
- PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif filing papers for Lahore’s NA-130.
- PML-N leader Khurram Dastgir Khan filing papers for Gujranwala’s NA-78.
- PTI Vice Chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi filing papers for NA-150, Multan, along with his son and daughter for the same constituency.
- Former foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar filing papers for NA-180, Kot Addu.
- MQM-P Convener Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui filing papers for Karachi’s NA-249.
- JUI chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman submitting nomination papers for Dera Ismail Khan’s NA-44.
- PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif submitting nomination papers for Karachi’s NA-242.
- Makhdoom Javed Hashmi’s legal team successfully gathering his nomination papers under Article 149 in Multan.
- Former PTI chairman’s legal advisor, Rai Muhammad Ali, completing the submission of nomination papers in Lahore.
The nomination process marks a crucial step in the lead-up to the general elections, and the submitted papers will undergo scrutiny to ensure compliance with electoral regulations.